ČESKÁ INFORMAČNÍ AGENTURA, s.r.o.
ČESKÁ INFORMAČNÍ AGENTURA, s.r.o., Reg. No. (IČO): 251 28 337, whose registered office is at Praha 1, Klimentská 52, postcode: 110 00, registered in the Commercial Register maintained by the Municipal Court in Prague, Section C, Entry No. 52059 (“ČIA” or “us”, “we”), respects your right of privacy and its protection is important for us.
First of all, we would like to assure you that in order to protect your personal data, we adhere to all technical and organisational measures necessary to ensure and maintain its confidentiality and security and to prevent any unauthorised or accidental abuse thereof.
Collection of information and its use
ČIA can obtain and process your personal data for the following purposes:
- 1. Provision of products offered by us under a concluded contract and for the purpose of accessing the News application (the “Application”), including the provision of customer support and services, in the following scope: your name, address or registered office, Reg. No. (IČO) or tax number (DIČ), if applicable, email address or telephone number, information about access to the Application and chosen products according to the user account settings, or any other information you may give us (e.g. payment and credit card information, information about the cardholder if you make payments over the GoPay gateway). Our legal basis for the processing in question is the performance of the contract, and we store the personal data during the term of the contractual relation and then for a period necessary to settle this relation. Provision of such personal data is a necessary prerequisite for concluding and performing the contract. If you do not want to provide such data to us, we cannot provide our services, or a part thereof (e.g. card payments over a payment gateway), because the service provision depends on your identification and authentication as a recipient.
- 2. Internal recordkeeping for the protection of our rights and legal titles, in the same scope as described under point 1) above; where our legal basis for the processing in question is our legitimate interest in preventing any damage and in keeping provable records in case of any dispute, and you can object to this basis. We will keep such personal data during the term of the respective limitation periods, which is typically 15 years.
- 3. Support of sale of our products and the related marketing, in the scope covering contact data which you give us, e.g. by email or in personal contacts, also including the use of commercial communication, also sent by electronic means. Our legal basis for the processing in question is our legitimate interest in supporting the sale of our products and the relating economic development of our company. You can object to this processing and we will be obliged not to process your personal data for this purpose. Such personal data will be kept during the term of the contractual relation and for a period of two (2) years after its termination. If you do not wish that your electronic contact details be used for the sending of commercial communication, you can let us know at any time at email@example.com, or use the procedure described in the footer of each commercial communication received.
- 4. Performance of statutory obligations arising from the Czech laws including, without limitation, tax, accounting and other laws and regulations, in the scope determined by such laws and regulations. Our legal basis for the processing in question is the performance of the statutory obligation, and we will keep the personal data for a period set out by the applicable laws and regulations.
- 5. Improvement of our services on the basis of anonymised data which is not directly associated with individuals and is obtained in connection with your use of the Application. Our legal basis for the processing in question is our legitimate interest in improving the quality of our services and increasing your satisfaction. You can object to this processing. We keep such personal data for a period of ten (10) years from its collection.
Sources of personal data
We obtain your personal data directly from you and as part of direct contact with you; mainly through your completion of the order form, payment gateway form, personal contact or telephone communication, through your use of our services or from a representative of your company.
Transfer of personal data
ČIA processes and treats your personal data as a data controller. That means that we determine the means and purpose of processing your personal data and we are also responsible for its due processing. Your personal data is not generally leased, sold or disclosed to anyone unless we are required to do so by laws and regulations or unless it is provided to our contracted processors. Our contracted processors process your personal data exclusively on the basis of our instructions. They are trusted and credible partners and suppliers providing us with certain services related to the provision of our products (e.g. the technical support provider or payment gateway provider) or sending of commercial communication if processing of certain personal data is necessary for such activities; however, these processors are not authorised to use your personal data for their own purposes.
If it is provided for by special legislation, your personal data may also be transferred, especially in cases where such data is required by competent administrative authorities or courts.
Your rights connected with personal data processing
You have certain rights associated with the processing of your personal data. They include:
- 1. The right of access, i.e. the right to know whether we process your personal data and, if possible, to get access to such personal data. In such event, you have the right to request a copy of the processed personal data and the first copy will be provided free of charge.
- 2. The right of rectification, i.e. the right to request that inaccurate and incomplete personal data be rectified or completed without delay.
- 3. The right of erasure, i.e. in certain cases, you can request that your personal data be erased. The reasons when you can exercise this right are as followw:
- We no longer need your personal data for the purposes for which it was processed;
- You exercise your right to object to the processing of personal data which is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests and we find that no such legitimate interests which would entitle us to such processing exist any longer, or;
- It emerges that our processing of your personal data is no longer in compliance with the general binding provisions
- However, this right will not on principle be applied if the processing of your personal data is necessary for:
- the performance of our legal obligation;
- the purpose of archiving, scientific or historical research or for statistical purposes, or;
- the determination, exercise or defence of our legal titles.
- 4. The right to restrict processing, i.e. in certain cases, you can request that specific personal data not be processed for a limited period of time. Such restricted processing must take place if:
- you deny accuracy of your personal data;
- we process your personal data without a sufficient legal basis and you prefer restriction of data to its erasure (e.g. if you expect that you would give such data to us in the future anyway);
- we no longer need your personal data for the aforementioned purposes and you need such data to determine, exercise or defend your legal title, or;
- you object to processing. We are obliged to restrict processing of your personal data during the period when we investigate whether your objection is legitimate.
- 5. The right to object, i.e. you can object to processing of personal data which takes place on the basis of our legitimate interest. Based on your objection, we will stop processing your personal data unless we have compelling legitimate grounds to continue the processing.
- 6. The right to withdraw consent, i.e. the right to withdraw a previously granted consent to the processing of your personal data. Please note that legitimacy of processing of your personal data until the consent’s withdrawal remains unaffected by such withdrawal..
In addition to the aforementioned rights, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority, i.e. the Office for Personal Data Protection, having its registered office at Pplk. Sochora 27, 170 00 Praha 7, in particular in cases where you believe that your personal data is being processed without authorisation.
You can update your data through the setting of your user account and in case of any inquiries or requirements, you can contact us at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can exercise your right at any time by sending an email to email@example.com. We will deal with your request without undue delay, but within one (1) month at the maximum. This time limit can be extended in extraordinary cases; in such event, we will send you the respective notification.